Portugal Golden Visa Program gives an opportunity for investors from outside the European Union (EU) a gateway to Europe. The program grants temporary resident permit for one year that is renewable for two-year periods afterwards. This provides investors with a clear path to permanent residency and citizenship.
Portugal is one of the oldest nations in Europe. Investors can establish themselves in one of Europe’s oldest nations – a place where history and modernity meet, with high technology and a high standard of living. Golden visa requires a minimum period of residence in Portugal and travel freely throughout the 26 Schengen area countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
- Enter Portugal while holding a valid Schengen Visa
- Apply for the Golden Visa within 90 days of first entry into Portugal
- Spend at least seven days in Portugal in the first year and fourteen days in each subsequent two-year renewal period
- Make a real-estate investment in Portugal of at least €500,000
- There is also an option to qualify by transfering €1 million in capital to Portuguese banks or making an investment that creates at least 10 jobs in Portugal.
- Residency in a modern EU nation
- Access to 25 other Schengen countries
- Favorable tax incentives for Portuguese and foreign income
- No inheritance tax for immediate family members
- Flexible investment terms
- Qualified applicants may be eligible for Portuguese Citizenship after six years